We may collect the following personal information when you visit the Site, obtain our products and services, or otherwise interact with us:
- Personal contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and date of birth.
- Business information, including company name, professional title, employment history, education history, qualifications, occupation and areas of specialization.
- Feedback information, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, or otherwise correspond with us (including on our social media pages).
- Engagement information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities and publications, and details about how you engage with our Site and communications.
- Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our services, or the types of services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as publicly available sources.
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, device identifier, the website you visited before browsing our Site, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as browsing history, search history, whether you clicked on or opened one of our emails, which of our pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
You may refuse to provide certain personal information, but some parts of the Site may not be fully available or functional without submitting such information.
Use of Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Operations. We use personal information to operate the Site and provide our products and services, including to:
- provide, operate and improve the Site and our products and services
- manage and fulfill the orders you’ve placed on the Site
- establish and maintain your account on the Site
- enable security features of the Site, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- communicate with you about the Site and our products and services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and our products and services
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback
- protect the security of the Site and our systems
- provide you with customer support when needed
Research and development. We analyze your use of the Site to analyze and improve the Site and our products and services, and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Site.
Compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities, and as we believe necessary or appropriate to:
- (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect, by removing the information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use and share such anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose we deem appropriate, including without limitation to maintain and improve the Site and our current and future products and services.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information with:
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business acquirers. Relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Cookies & browser web storage. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Site may not work properly. Similarly, your browser settings may allow you to clear your browser web storage.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Users Outside the United States
Information about Children
This Site and our products and services are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 on the Site. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register an account or send any information about yourself to us. If we discover that we have collected personal information from children under 13, we will take commercially reasonable measures to promptly delete such information from our systems. If you are younger than age 18, you may use the Site only with the permission and involvement of your parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware of his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
We maintain reasonable technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information provided to us.
Unfortunately, despite these efforts, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to or through our Site, and any such transmission is at your own risk.
If you have any further questions concerning this Policy, or would like to request to correct, update, or delete such information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.